Lead Game Designer (f/m/d)
Der Name der Firma wird nach deiner Bewerbung veröffentlicht
We are looking for an experienced Lead Game Designer to lead the design team and make the key design decisions for our hit game.
You will be responsible for new feature and content creation, economy management and balancing for a game, with over 50 million players.
Working with a cross-functional game team and reporting into the Product Owner, you will take the lead on all aspects of Design, including vision and management. You will also ensure that we hit our weekly release schedule.
You will Identify future features for the game through developing a deep understanding of our player’s needs and motivations using both data, information from the players and your own F2P knowledge. We release weekly updates so you will make sure that our players have a challenging but rewarding game experience that is perfectly balanced.
The Lead Designer will ensure that we stay on schedule and follow best practices whilst managing and mentoring the Designers, to ensure we harness their creative ability and help them to grow professionally.
- Work on our Idle game with over 50 million installs and become an expert in the game
- Lead and mentor Designers
- Plan the work and set priorities for the Design team, using Agile principles
- Carry out performance reviews / 121’s and assessments
- Support career advancement and help support our Learning and Development programmes to ensure our Designers constantly improve and progress
- Help with the recruitment and the assessment of future hires
- Work on new feature development
- Maintain a coherent, clear framework for the game design
- Help to define the games vision and feature set with the team
- Analyse metrics and suggest improvements to new features and the existing game
- Be an expert in technical game design and game balancing. Using data you can evaluate feature impacts on the game and discuss with the team
- Research & stay up to date with other mobile / Idle F2P games
- Interest in leading a team / mentoring others
- Experience working on shipped Free to Play Mobile games and a strong understanding of the F2P market
- A strong understanding of balancing features through working on a live title
- Understanding of game Economies / Monetisation
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Player-centric mindset and a sense for great user experience
- Strong Passion for IMT/Idle games
- Strong communication skills (in English) and the ability to express your ideas clearly
- A team player who fits into the studio and team of motivated professionals
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or other Technical Fields
- Ideally you will have worked on Idle Games or have a strong understanding of the Idle Market
- Technical background and experience, particularly in development
- Knowledge of Unity3D and C#
Why Join us?
- Team - A position in a driven and brilliant international team
- Rapid Development - An organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible
- Autonomy - We have a flat hierarchy and value people who take on responsibility, ownership and can contribute to our games from their first day
- Opportunity - We offer career progression, training and opportunities to impact a growing company. We regularly hire people with potential and have seen many interns and working students join us permanently
- Players - We’re aiming to be one of the most player centric companies in the world. Working on a live game ensure your work is seen by millions and you will gather rapid feedback from the players
- Training - A personal learning budget of €1,000+ to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding classes
- Studio - A modern workspace with state of the art tech, based in Berlin
- Equipment - The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time - you get a new one every 2 years
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge; Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performance should receive top payment
- Profit Share - Full-time employees also get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Parties - Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer, Christmas and key company milestones
- Team Events - We regularly have events like bowling, BBQ’s and Movie nights. This year we went to Tenerife for a company holiday!
- Wisdom and Waffles - Industry thought leaders join us to share their knowledge with the team
- Friday Celebrations - Company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Interested? We are looking forward to your application via Campusjäger!
Über das Unternehmen
Firmenkultur und Vorteile
30 bis 40 Stunden pro Woche