Student Data Scientist – Petrochemical Market, one year industrial placement program
Praktikum Energiebranche in Karlsruhe
What can you expect?
Our company is the leading markets data & research provider, serving a wide array of companies across Europe, the US and China. Our analytics team provides cutting-edge data, modelling and written analysis to key decision makers.
We have new exciting and challenging open positions in the area of global petrochemical market analytics. We are looking for a bright, analytical & communicative individual in our Analytics Centre in Karlsruhe/Germany and offer to one up to two selected students a particularly intense experience with a one year paid industrial placement ahead of your final study year.
As a student, you will work on your own project, develop your own ideas and contribute significantly to our products. To do so, you will work together with our experienced analyst & data science team to receive support and to have challenging discussions about your project and analysis.
Generally, we offer our students a high degree of flexibilities regarding working hours – you can organise your working hours independently.
In the area of petrochemical market analysis, you will be part of an inter-disciplinary team, which develops a new data-driven product. This product uses millions of data points including data about all petrochemical plants globally and both, fundamental modelling and machine learning techniques.
- Work on your own project
- Support the inter-disciplinary team in the development of a new product
- Deliver innovative market models and data insights
- You study Business Engineering or a different subject which combines markets, data science and programming and you are in your final 2 years
- Interest in markets, market analysis and forecasting
- Experience in programming (ideally Python); SQL is a plus
- Mathematical modelling and optimisation
- Analytical mindset
- Good communication skills in English
- A vibrant environment working alongside a dynamic, and motivated team
- Insights into the global petrochemical market
- Salary of 1,500 EUR per month
- Outstanding personal development opportunities
- Active involvement and responsibility from Day 1
- Flexibility and trust as part of our corporate culture
Interested? We are looking forward to your application via Campusjäger!
Über das Unternehmen
Firmenkultur und Vorteile
1500 pro Monat (verhandelbar)
40 Stunden pro Woche
Ab sofort bis 30.09.2019