Data Engineer (f/m) Game Development/ System Administrator
Festanstellung IT-Branche in Berlin
We're a new and vibrant tech/games company based in Berlin. We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer – and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
At our company you will be joining a young and diverse team with a wide variety of experience, skills, and cultural backgrounds. Choose our company because everybody can bring in ideas that directly affect millions of players worldwide. We believe in people, in strong teams of self-motivated people, in fast decision-making and empowering you to take charge through a supportive, learning-friendly atmosphere.
We work in a flat hierarchy with the opportunity for everybody to weigh in, no matter how many years of experience you bring. Every employee takes over his or her own projects from the first day, which ensures quick learnings, ownership and skill development. Our main title is one of the three most successful idle games worldwide with more than 30 million downloads and seven figure revenue per month. In April 2018 we launched our second game, which achieved over 4m downloads in its first month and is about to replicate the success our our first game.
We offer a position in a young and brilliant team. We are an organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible. A competitive salary, a modern workspace with state of the art tech, fresh fruit to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert.
Also, full-time employees get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program. Plus: We offer the newest technical standards, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time. Employees are invited to choose their preferred technical requirements at any time.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using big-data technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Create data tools for analytics and data science team members that assist them in building and optimising our games
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organised
- Wide understanding of different backend technologies
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Awareness of and ability to leverage industry best practices and solutions and apply the right solution to a given problem
- Software development experience in C# or other general purpose programming languages
- Experience with Looker or similar BI products
- Experience with Azure or other cloud technologies
Why should You join us?
- Team - A position in a driven and brilliant international team
- Rapid Development - An organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible
- Autonomy - We have a flat hierarchy and value people who take on responsibility, ownership and can contribute to our games from their first day
- Opportunity - We offer career progression, training and opportunities to impact a growing company. We regularly hire people with potential and have seen many interns and working students join us permanently
- Players - We’re aiming to be one of the most player centric companies in the world. Working on a live game ensure your work is seen by millions and you will gather rapid feedback from the players
- Training - A personal learning budget of €1,000+ to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding classes
- Studio - A modern workspace with state of the art tech, based in Berlin
- Equipment - The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time - you get a new one every 2 years
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge; Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Salary - We offer competitive salaries
- Profit Share - Full-time employees also get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Parties - Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer, Christmas and key company milestones
- Team Events - We regularly have events like bowling, BBQ’s and Movie nights. This year we went to Tenerife for a company holiday!
- Wisdom and Waffles - Industry thought leaders join us to share their knowledge with the team
- Friday Celebrations - Company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Are you interested? Just send us your application via Campusjäger!
Über das Unternehmen
Firmenkultur und Vorteile
40 Stunden pro Woche