- Continuously improve predict.io’s multiple mobile phone sensors based system to detect state of movement and context
- Partner with the CTO to design and develop advanced machine learning and predictive analytics capabilities for user movements on mobile platforms and in our backend
- Participate in the complete data engineering process: define the data collection process, process the collected data, test and train different algorithms, implement the findings in mobile or backend systems
- Optimize sensor usage to meet required precision and battery usage
- Deliver high quality and well tested source code
- Analyse the collected sensor and location data, generate on demand reports and build live views on the aggregated data
- Survive regular Nerf-gun battles in the office
Not all of it, but most of it:
- Experience in mobile development (Swift or Java/Kotlin) and backend development (Python), ideally in both
- Passionate for test driven development
- DevOps experience (AWS / Docker / Elastic Beanstalk / Ansible / Kubernetes, etc)
- Interested or experienced in machine learning
- Pragmatic, performance driven and hands-on mindset
- Hands on experience developing (and maintaining) JSON APIs in Python (Flask, Bottle, etc)
- Experience in statistical modelling, algorithm development, and data mining of massive datasets and events
- Advanced knowledge of automation of deploy processes, continuous integration
- Practical experience with SQL & NoSQL database systems and scaling for large data sets
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast-paced international environment
- Education in a software engineering related discipline or equivalent proof of experience
- Absolutely fluent in English; German is a plus but not mandatory
- Motivation to be flexible in an agile start-up – things change fast!
What we offer
- Inspiring high-tech endeavour at the forefront of micro-targeting
- Ambitious start-up with multinational clients
- We are financed by large institutions including HTGF and European Commission
- Passionate, experienced and hands-on management team (eBay, Cisco, Testberichte, Volkswagen, Tchibo, HitFox, etc.)
- Inspiring, intercultural and fun team
- Believe in authenticity and mutual support
- Flat hierarchies, fast decisions
- Remote work is possible
- Location in the heart of Germany’s start-up city #1: Berlin
- Nerf gun battles in the office
Wir helfen dir gerne weiter! Ruf uns einfach an unter +49 721 981 939 20 oder schick uns eine kurze Nachricht.
35 bis 40 Stunden pro Woche
Das Unternehmen wird direkt nach deiner Bewerbung sichtbar für dich.
Über das Unternehmen
A tech start-up which began in parking, we have spread into many other verticals. Our SDK sits in clients' apps and enables them to contact their users with relevant information in the right context.
Kenntnisse und Fähigkeiten
Noch mehr Stellenangebote...
...passend zu Skilled Data Engineer (m/w) in dynamic startup in Berlin
Dein erstes Bewerbungsgespräch könnte schon morgen sein!