What you can expect?
You will be working with experienced researchers here in Zurich and challenging large data sets that are normally unavailable to the public, while using technologies of the future (Scala, Spark, SciPy). For this position, we are looking for hackers: people who can whip up quick solutions using the best languages and frameworks available.
We are looking for interns to help build prototypes and deliver projects for our Smart City and mobility customers, using data to understand transportation, tourism, and urban planning problems. You'll take over responsibility for entire projects or contribute to our location analytics platform by making it more scalable, evaluating innovative use cases or adding algorithms.
- Well-versed in at least one JVM programming language (we use Scala)
- Solid foundation in computer science, such as algorithms and data structures.
- Competent Linux/Mac user and comfortable with the command line.
- Familiar with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Working knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Familiarity with a distributed computing framework such as Hadoop, Spark, or Storm. We also use Mesos and Docker.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and tools: you know the difference between clustering and classification, and “heteroskedasticity” doesn’t need a dictionary.
- Familiarity with location data and tools for Geographic Information Systems (GIS). We like PostGIS, QGIS, and OpenStreetMaps.
- Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the largest and most interesting datasets in the world - utilising data from over 350 million people across the globe? We offer our employees unique learning opportunities and the chance to take on important responsibilities from day one.
- We are a fast-growing data analytics company with great ambitions in the emerging big data economy. We focus on large-scale (city- and country-level) mobility analytics and our products transform the way industries, governments and our society works.
- The team has diverse skills and experiences in areas such as applied mathematics, artificial intelligence, computer vision, distributed systems, and urban planning and hailing from five continents.
- We are funded by international venture capital firms, who previously invested in high profile companies such as Facebook, Spotify, Skype and AirBnB.
Interested? We are looking forward to your application via Campusjäger!
Ab sofort bis 01.04.2019
2.600,00 € pro Monat (verhandelbar)
40 Stunden pro Woche
Das Unternehmen wird direkt nach deiner Bewerbung sichtbar für dich.
Über das Unternehmen
We offer the most advanced insights on human mobility based on cutting edge data science, proprietary machine learning algorithms and deep technology, capturing billions of signals every day from cell towers and other unique sources. We work with leading telecom companies and data partners around the globe to capture information about people’s geographical locations, movement habits and demographics; all completely anonymized and aggregated.
Kenntnisse und Fähigkeiten
Noch mehr Stellenangebote...
...passend zu Internship Software Engineer (Data Analytics) - Startup Zürich
Dein erstes Bewerbungsgespräch könnte schon morgen sein!